Tuesday, August 4, 2009


So this starts off my own personal blog. The purpose is exactly what the title inflects: a place to talk about music.
Most of the music on this site will be jazz based, but all kinds of genres and concepts will be discussed on a regular basis.
I'd like to eventually have different "columns" and themes within this blog so stay tuned for all topics posted throughout the life of this blog known simply as Some Other Stuff.


This blog is an off-chute of another blog, I participate in known as Unlimited Breadsticks, and while I was writing for it I realized that I wanted to have something of my own to write about in my own place.

Some Other Stuff was the inspiration for this blog in which if you notice, you have a quite unknown trombone player teamed up with the members of the Miles Davis Quintet. I like how Grachan holds up on his own in a world that seems established. That was the theme I felt when I created this page, a rather unknown musician interacting with the rest of the world. I hope you enjoy what you read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment